Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Amazingly another Christmas Day has quickly arrived and is almost over here on the south shore of wind blown Nova Scotia. In October this special date seems so far away, but it creeps up quickly. I especially enjoy the pre Christmas preps excluding the shopping of course- I'm not one who enjoys shopping. Making some gifts, baking, and a few social events are the preferred activities to get in the Christmas mood. We have enjoyed all of this, even got gifts wrapped a few days early to reduce some of the last minute stress. An activity which I have heard about, a cookie exchange was one I partook in this year. It was lots of fun and it was interesting to see the variety of goodies everyone brought to the event.
Last night we spent a pleasant time with my husband's families and enjoyed great company and a delicious lobster chowder. This evening has been pretty quiet after helping prepare a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings for about 24 of my family members at a noon meal. There didn't seem to be a need for an evening meal after all that feasting.
My Christmas knitting projects were few, but well received. Now it's time to start a new project. I have supplies for a sweater and a couple of socks. The sweater requires a pattern search but I would like to get that done quickly for a grand daughter so it can be worn during the cooler months.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: